Leading mental health Chief Executive David Bradley has announced that he is to take on the Chief Executive role at South London and Maudsley Mental Health Trust after several successful years at the helm of South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust (SWLSTG).
Ann Beasley CBE, Chair of SWLSTG said “Anyone who has worked with David over the last seven years will absolutely recognise that David has been a tremendous force of positive change. He has successfully led the organisation though the many challenges that we have faced over the years and secured our position as a beacon of national best practice for many of our services. It has been under David’s inspirational leadership that our Trust has been rated Good across all five domains by the Care Quality Commission, developed the award-winning Lotus Assessment Suite and our patients in the community have rated our services the best in London – a legacy for us to continue to build on together.”
David said “Since 2012 I have had the absolute privilege of working with staff, patients and their carers. I am very proud of all the work that we have done together to improve the quality of our services and ensure that people can access the support they need. Mental health impacts one in four people at some point in their life and the ground-breaking work that we have done with local community groups to address mental health has been especially important and I know the Trust will continue to build on these deep partnerships we have forged. It has been an honour to work alongside the hardworking and dedicated staff who day in day out make a real difference to lives of the people who use our services. I am confident that the Trust will go from strength to strength.”
Despite an unprecedented growing demand on services, the achievements that SWLSTG have made since 2012 are nothing short of admirable. These include:
- Securing support for two new state-of-the-art mental health hospitals which will transform patient care for generations to come
- Developing best practice alternatives to admissions including the award-winning Lotus Assessment Suite and Crisis Cafes
- Improving the way patient admissions are managed and supporting people more appropriately in the community – leading to our Trust being rated the best in London by our patients
- Implementing Service Line Management, with inspiring clinical leadership, leading to greater sharing taking place through strengthening governance as recognised by our CQC Good rating
- South London Partnership working with improved care pathways for patients and new opportunities for staff including the nursing development programme.
- Working with the communities we serve to shape programmes like the Black Pastors network and being the best Trust in London for helping people with mental health problems gain access to employment opportunities
David has over 20 years’ experience working within the NHS and social care. His driving ambition is to continue to improve patient care and ensure that people who need mental health services can access the very best care and treatment possible.
Prior to joining South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust as Chief Executive in 2012 David was Chief Operating Officer for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust where he built a reputation for using innovation to drive quality and service transformation.
David will stay on as Chief Executive at South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust until the summer and the search for his successor has started.